Wednesday, June 11, 2014

WOYWW # 262 - finished NAVY album and Savannah

Ah, Wednesday, another mid week upon us. And now we are fully into June and summer mode. Wednesday also means it's time to share my desk with all my fellow crafting folks. Julia, who is the host over at Stamping Ground is on vacation so her link isn't up yet...but do go check it out. Fun to see what everyone is up to...all sorts of crafter's. 

Not much happening on my desk. Last night I pretty much finished my Navy album that was sitting for years, knowing I had other things to put in there. A few asked in comments - but I was in the Navy for 9 years from 1988-1997. I spent all of it in Southern California. :-) Well, except for boot camp (Orlando, FL) and "A" School (Memphis, TN). 


See, all clean. For the most part. The album is sitting to the side. I swear I had these small clear envelopes to put a couple double sided items in. I'll have to search for it. I also found my letter L or R or whichever it was under one of my TH  ink pads. It fell off and was laying there with the rest of ink pads. Yay. 

I realized 4th of July is close upon us so next I'll have to get going on some cards for Independence Day. I received some ATC's from Eliza, Carole, and one other. My desk in kitchen is a mess at the moment and need to sort through everything to get some pics. Mine are sent. At least the ones I could, still waiting on someone's address. 

Last week I drove down to Savannah, GA with my sister and spent a couple days there. Lots of walking! And something bit me up good!!! 

We visited Ft. Pulaski. You can see all the damage from the Civil War and the rebuilt wall that came down on the left corner. 

Took a trail from Fort out towards the Cockspur Lighthouse. 


Walked all the way up the circular stairs to the top of the lighthouse on Tybee Island for views all around. 



Stopped off at Bonaventure Cemetery. So pretty!!


Forsyth Park fountain...that's me. :-)


Lots of beautiful old homes, especially the Victorian ones. This is the Gingerbread House. Isn't it too cute? 


Entrance to Wormsloe Historic Site. Oak trees lining the "driveway". 


While walking one of the trails on the site, we saw 4 deer. This one I zoomed in...he was right on the trail watching us. So pretty to see them out in nature, not just your neighborhood. 


Tons more pics but don't want to overload you. Next few weeks aren't going to be very productive. I have one day off every week, starting this week until beginning of July. :-/ Overtime. 

5 comments:

  1. I love looking at the photos from your trip to Savannah!! They are all so beautiful!! I especially love the lighthouses!! And what a beautiful picture of you in front of Forsyth Park Fountain!! Wow, it's amazing!! I hope you will share more with us!! And your Navy album!! Congrats on finishing it!! I hope you don't have to work too hard the next few weeks. Happy Wednesday my friend!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your desk is ready for play now. I was looking at your pictures of GA and thinking I needed to head south again soon. I was in Virginia and the Carolinas a couple years ago, last year to Alabama via Dallas and I-20 with multiple stops along the way. I love the south. I haven't been doing much in the way of crafting or blogging the past couple months...just trying to stay afloat with health issues. Glad to hear your got your service album finished. I have started one for my son with extra pages he can use to personalize it with his memorabilia. Really sad to hear Julia is in the hospital...she is missed! Have a great week. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an accomplishment finishing off your album congratulations, you must share. Love you photos of Savannah such a pretty place, hopefully I can visit one day.

    Julia is not linking today she is seriously ill from what LLJ says, we can only pray she has a speedy recovery.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats. on getting your Navy album completed. I bet that feels good! Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pics. Stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The album sounds great maybe we will get to see some of the photos.
    What a fantastic trip, I can forgive you for having such a tidy desk but I am sure it wont last.
    Happy crafting, Angela @Felix the Crafty Cat http://angelacuttingandcarving.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete