Wednesday, April 30, 2014

WOYWW #256 Framed Art, Fairy Garden, and more...

My oh my what a morning it was.....I set up a new alarm clock my friend bought me for my birthday last week. Early this morning looking at the time -- it wasn't there. Well, I there's a dimmer on it and an alarm that slowly gets louder as it wakes you up...so I figured it was just weird and had something to do with that. I was wrong. Power had gone out in the wee early hours. Apparently there were some extremely strong winds. Strong enough to pulverize leaves and leave them all over my deck, yard, everywhere. And I slept right through it. Sheesh. (And Monday night there was an EF-2 tornado that struck a little ways south of here!) Summer is definitely here with all these strong systems. 

Anyway...today is Wednesday, so it's time to share my crafty desk with y'all. Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground to join in. 


Hi. My name is Brigita and I'm a crafting shopaholic. LOL. Last week I went on a bit of an online shopping spree. Goodness. I bought a couple LOTV stamps (white envelope on top of pile). Alcohol inks, paper, ink pads, stencils, dies (can you see the airplane die under the wooden birdhouse? Love it!), items to finish my US Navy album, several travel themed stamps for Project Life albums. The birdhouse I will start on tonight -- it will be a fairy house with wooden branches glued around sides and roof. The fairy house will go in my fairy garden...



This afternoon I put together a crafty project off sorts. I bought a large sheet of metal (24"X48") and had a special frame made for it. This is the finished project:


A framed piece of metal that holds all my magnets I've collected over the years from places I've visited. So happy. They've been sitting in plastic bags for several years since I bought a stainless steel fridge. 


That's it for me. Off to finish cleaning and sorting through my new goodies and still need to put some finishing touches on my Nashville mini album. 



20 comments:

  1. It looks like you're going to be very busy for a while with all your new goodies. I love the dreaminess of your fairy garden, and the little fairy house will be a perfect addition. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that magnet board!!! Thanks for stopping over! #77

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh, all of your crafting goodies look so fun!! I want to go shopping at your desk!! And oh my gosh, I just made a magnet board, too!! I used a piece of plywood and covered it with four coats of magnetic paint and then painted it the same color as the walls with a frame around it!! I love having all of my travel magnets on display!! Yours looks amazing!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow nice pile of new stash! Love the fairy garden. You should look into getting one of those automatic clocks. I have two, they auto reset themselves if there's a power outage, which happens quite often here in central FL with all of our storms. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #83

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gita..and happy WOYWW. That's a cool idea for all the magnets - I used to have a few on the fridge and my daughter commented last weekend - where were they, so now I have a project to display them. On-line shopping is dangerous..but I do because you have a much larger range available overseas and even cheaper. Love the fairy garden too. Cheers and have a great week RobynO#35

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I love your magnet art!!!! What a terrific idea. Your desk is soooooo fun piled with your purchases! So fun! Happy WOYWW! #73

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE love love your fairy garden! What an awesome Idea! And your nagnet are is super cool too...especially the guitar magnet! (I've played guitar for a really long time!) Your shopping spree looks like it was SOOOO much fun! I've been overdoing it a little lately too...must be something in the air!

    Amy E #99
    Scrapthissavethat.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. add me to the loves the magnet's new home too. I recently picked up some old wooden window frames and was considering taking out the glass to put in chicken wire to the holes but, now I am thinking hmmm sheet metal. haha. thanks for sharing that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a few magnets on my fridge but hate them being there but what a fantastic idea with the frame set up, gosh some people have intelligent ideas sometimes. You rock.... girl.... Love the stash of goodies, I declare it is your right to purchase don't ever feel bad, it's a good thing.

    Happy crafting and have a great week, I wish I could sleep that sound.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 47
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fairy garden and the magnet frame is ACE! BJ#53

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fairy garden is so whimsical it sparks my imagination. The framed magnets is a great idea, much better then a cluttered frig :) Looks like lots of new toys to play with...how fun. Scary storms every wear. Yesterday was like we lived under a waterfall...so much rain.Be well Carole #68

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great idea?! We're moving somewhere soon with a built in fridge and we were wondering what to do with all our magnets! #37

    ReplyDelete
  13. The magnet board is so cool! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever way to display and enjoy your magnet souvenirs! That is my favorite thing to buy on vacation, too. They're reasonable in price, but remind you of your trip. I can't wait to see your fairy house when you're done -- what a sweet idea. Happy WOYWW ~ Laura #90

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fairy garden is just so sweet! It would make you smile every time you look at it! What a cool magnet board,love the frame too!
    donna#81

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for calling buy earlier ! Such lovely new stash - you will have a brilliant time playing with all that. My name is Alison & I am a crafting shopaholic too - is this our therapy self help group !! LOL Ali #27

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your little garden - and what a fab idea for the magnets - so many happy memories I bet.
    Hugs, & Thanks for visiting me - Neet 44 xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. oo-er, Gits, a hallway fridge magnet display how clever . and love the shopping to :D Shaz in oz.x #50 thanks for popping over.

    ReplyDelete
  19. sorry I meant Gita no idea how these fingers do that ...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew we had a lot in common when I saw your metal holding those magnets. I collect them, too. They are always available in gift shops and tourist traps, and they are relatively inexpensive, too. Thanks for sharing this fun activity. Happy belated WOYWW from #2 and thanks for the visit on Wed.

    ReplyDelete