Wednesday, April 9, 2014

WOYWW #253 ~~ Slow going here...and OKC

I almost forgot it's Wednesday...that time of week where I share my desk with all my fellow crafty peeps. So, this post will definitely be late for all you folks across the pond, but a few hours to spare here on the East Coast. :-) Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground to see what the fuss is about. 

I've been away...spent two weeks in Oklahoma City for work. Returned home and had a weird head pain with pressure in the back of neck into head. Went to urgent care and even ER for a CT scan. Been given different meds. so we'll see what happens. Something to do with allergies and sinuses supposedly. 

Anyway, here's my desk...



... kind of a bird's eye view. Been working on Easter cards. A few more to go. Today I had to take a nap midway through (pain meds). I also put out a few items I bought while in OKC. I stopped at a craft store on a cold, rainy day. Bought some stamps, paints, new TH toys. Here's a closer look...


While there, I had the chance to meet up with Vickie from Okienurse's Paper and Ink Therapy and her daughter Heather. We went to the Melting Pot in downtown OKC and had a nice evening chatting. 


So although I was there for "work" I tried to visit some of the sites. Here's some of them...

Oklahoma City National Memorial & Museum
beautiful memorial and the museum is a must!

Museum of Art
They had an Ansel Adams and Dave Chihuly exibit. Lots of great glass art by Chihuly. 

lots of glass inside a canoe

  45th Infantry Museum

Lake Hefner
went walking over the weekend. Nice small lake with walking paths.  

Oklahoma City Barons
second to last night went to a free hockey game. The home team won in a shootout.  

That's it for me...hopefully I'll be getting on here a bit more often. And visiting more often. Lots to catch up on and with spring here and outside areas needing attention...well, lots to do. :-) 


13 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my space! I hoe you get to feeling better. I love your new goodies. Have fun with them! :). #91

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon and allergies suck !! All that glass in a canoe is wicked Happy Late WOYWW hugs Nikki 3

    ReplyDelete
  3. G’day Brigita
    I haven’t participated in WOYWW for maybe 9 months and I am trying to get to as many as I can even though its now Thursday here in Oz. Your desk looks like a creative busy hub. I love the birdy stamp, oh gorgeous glkass art and that photo at the lake is divine!! Great you got to catch up while away for work.
    hugs
    Annette In Oz #23

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun with your new goodies. Hope you feel better - really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the job hunting, and hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Chris # 35

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots to see today - I spy some Unity Stamps - those are a bit of an addiction with me lately. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty desk Hope you feel better soon.Thank you for your visit. Karen #71

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gita, it looks like you got a chance to do lots of cool things while in OK! Love the Jillibean Soup papers you're using for your Easter cards -- I think I have a couple of sheets from one of their older spring/Easter lines. Hope you get feeling better very soon -- sorry you're in pain.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a brilliant time in Oklahoma ! So envious you got to meet Vickie ! Hope you are feeling better very soon Ali xx #41

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are feeling better, Gita. It sounds like such an awesome trip!! Those glass sculptures are amazing!! I can't wait to see what you create with all of the crafty goodies on your desk!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. You poor thing, I always get a headache when we fly back from France and it's awful. Hope you are feeling better now. Happy crafting, Angela #64

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super pics of your trip and good to see you catch up with Vickie. Great to meet up with crafter from afar!
    Hope your pain eases and I'm sure you'll feel better after some good rest.
    Take care,
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete