Friday, April 18, 2014

Munich Scrapbook --- Finally Finished!!!!

I'm so excited -- I finally finished my Munich, Germany trip I took back in December 2009. I started probably about 1 1/2 years ago (maybe more). What a relief to be done...

I was so excited to have finished that I loaded all the pages into the album. Then realized I forgot to add the page protectors. Doh! Anyway, got it all done! I was also glad to have had one last Creative Memories album left. Apparently they filed bankruptcy and are running under a new name with a new format -- kinda like Project Life I guess. 

So here are just some of the pages. The 12X12 album is probably almost 3 inches thick!!


First page is a mixture of ticket stubs, candy wrappers, etc. I added a Munich map to the inside front cover. The 2 Germany laser dies I bought through Scrap Your Trip. 







At Marienplatz there was a small postal service that you can send a postcard with their stamp on it...



I walked up to the top of this church at Marienplatz with nice views. Coordinating paper from Scrap Your Trip. 





Creative Memories used to have these pocket pages and than years ago they decided to do away with them! (Stupid, I thought.) So I had to find a bunch on ebay. I love them...great for memorabilia to pull out and look at easily. 


More coordinating paper from Scrap Your Trip.



                            





Map of Salzburg along with some Mozart chocolate wrappers. :-)


Salzburg Christmas Market with some pictures and candy wrappers, stollen box cover, cut out from a bag. 


Another pocket page...


I found a stationary store with these adorable Christmas postcards. 



This is the last page with more memorabilia. Coins, admission tickets to a couple museums, wrapper from fizzy apple juice. 


So that's it. Towards the end of the album I just started slapping pages together so they aren't as exciting...I just wanted to be done!!! LOL. 

Now I am excited to start a different realm ... Project Life and mini travel albums. Next up is a Nashville New Year's week trip I took with one of my BFF's before I left San Diego. Can't remember now if it was before Munich...must've been. :-)


3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is amazing!! I know it was so much work, but so worth it to preserve your memories!! Your pictures are so fabulous!! I would love to just sit down with this and enjoy your trip through your photos!! You should be so proud to have finished it!! I hope you have a happy and blessed Easter weekend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Gita on completing your album. It looks great, love those "Scrap Your Trip" papers. Have a happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!!! I love it! And the Scrap Your Trip papers and embellishments are so cool!

    ReplyDelete