Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WOYWW #244 - Stamp Expo Goodies

Happy Wednesday Everyone! Here in Atlanta we've had some extreme weather. Last week I shared my Snowmagedden experience -- a couple inches of snow fell around Atlanta and caused a massive gridlock all over the city and surrounding areas. We even made it onto the SNL weekend news. LOL. Then by Sunday the temperature was 74 degrees. I had the backdoor open most of the evening. And, now we are back to colder, rainy weather. And up North is still getting hit with LOTS of snow. I loved the snow (while not being stuck in it) but am ready for spring to get here..

Here was my desk this morning after I unloaded all my purchases from the stamp expo this weekend. (Several pics in this post too...FYI)



Valentine stuff still there waiting on me...and all the new stuff! :-) 


I bought several acetate sheets with images already printed on it from Stamp On It!. Just add Crystal Lacquer and glitter to parts of the image (backside) and you have easy card. Also several sheets of stickers. 


Some pre-cut cards for more easy cards. And the heart shaped one with the pop up insert - I swear my brain isn't working at the moment and I can't think of the proper term. LOL. Along with some glitter, b-day stamps, and a turkey. 


I love IO dies. A couple more heart ones, a basket for Easter. And love the margarita Christmas drink, and hot cocoa stamp. 


Rubbernecker has some cute stamps. I bought several last year at the scrapbook expo. The tree and 2 flower sets are from them. The unounted ones are Lost Coast designs (kinda hard to see - one is a boy and dog (winter/Christmas), and the other is a lady but with a "twist". Plus some eggs and another TH pen. 


TH heart stencil, and I forgot this company but I saw the dolphins and "had" to have. The turtle is stamped on glossy paper. So pretty. 


Here's my desk after making another b-day card for my best friend. Lots of copics were used (I'll be posting the image later on..), my ipad so I can see my pintrest album for copic color combos


And one last one...my finished scarf. This is my first knitting project ever. :-) I'm working on a winter hat right now -- also my first one. We'll see how it turns out. 

And if you are wondering why I am going on about my desk space head over to Julia's Stamping Ground to see what the fuss is about. 

18 comments:

  1. The scarf is fab!! Well done you :-) I love the colours, variegated wool is such fun. Are you doing the hat in the same wool? I'm having a real love affair with yarn at the moment...I'm still sewing but it's yarn that I'm enjoying most!
    Hugs, LLJ 33 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have lots of new things to play with. Love your scarf. Happy WOYWW Anne x #63

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah your desk looks sooo inviting.Gosh I could play for many days with all those gorgeous goodies!!
    Sorry about the snow.Gosh the whole Northern Hemisphere has gone mad.Down here in Southern Australia we are frying!!
    Judy #13

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on the scarf...I hope the hat is not too challenging. Wow so many wonderful new things to play with. I'm sometimes surprised to find things I put away and forgot about. Carole #76

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done with your knitting and I hope the next project goes just as well. You have so many lovely goodies to play with as a result of your trip. Thank you for your visit today, and I hope you have a good week with lots of crafting fun. xx Maggie #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your scarf turned out so gorgeous!! I absolutely love the colors!! I can't believe it's your first knitting project...you're a natural!! And all of these new goodies look so awesome!! I can't wait to see what you create!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely finished scarf there. Love all your purchases. Have a good week. Peg R 25

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the knitting and being the first ever a huge achievement for sure. Love the new toys you have to play with. Never thought of printing images onto acetate and then coloring them from the rear, till just now. Thanks for sharing and visiting was nice.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 12
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loads of lovely goodies, must get that heart stencil. Never heard of IO dies they look great. Thanks for the visit BJ#73

    ReplyDelete
  10. Knitting - check! Well done, even edges and all, and lovely yarn. Liking your new stamps, particularly the little tree and the IO margarta and cocoa! Our next and nearest show is July, so I should start saving!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You picked up a lot of goodies at the stamping expo. It was really great to meet you in person too. Sorry for the late visit. #14

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the heart stencil.....I want one! Thanks for popping by my blog.
    Dawn #53

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, great "haul" from the expo! I used to be into punches, but now I love dies. I can't wait to get my hands on the sea horse set & matching stamps from T.H. -- I adore sea horses. Awesome job on the scarf! Happy WOYWW on Thursday! ~ Laura #95

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE the turkey, coco mug and the turtle! Oh alright I like everything on your desk! LOL
    Thanks for the earlier visit
    Krisha #23

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love seeing all of your purchases!

    And that scarf is awesome! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you - the snow is so pretty if you don't have to be out on the road in it. Great haul from the Stamp Expo - I can't wait to see what you do with it.
    April #24

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really enjoyed the walk through all your new stuff and was very impressed with the scarf you knitted. Gorgeous colours. Hope we get to see the hat later.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    ps thanks for commenting on my blog sorry I am so late, was hospitalised on my return from the USA

    ReplyDelete