Wednesday, November 6, 2013

WOYWW #231 - It's November already?!


Wow, I can't believe it's already November and Christmas is around the corner. Sheesh. 

And it's Wednesday too (and just barely, a few hours to spare). Which means it's that time of week to share my crafty work space with fellow crafters. Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground to see what the fuss is about and even join in...lots of desks to take a peek at.

Here's mine this week:


It's Wednesday evening so the pic is dark. This is my desk from last week. I was working on some techniques for Thanksgiving with my distress inks and a coffee filter. You can see some Inky Antics stamps too in the top right corner. Will be working on some cards tomorrow. 

I was missing last week...busy around the house. Spent last Wednesday staining my deck. Here's part of it...


I had power washed the screened in porch area, replaced most of the screens, cleaned and brightened the deck and lastly, stained it last week. Not bad for a first time staining. :-) 

Looking through pictures I came across this one...


this was back in September. I was in front of my house as the moon was rising. This isn't photo shopped...it was a HUGE moon. Pretty cool huh? 

17 comments:

  1. Wowwww awesome moon, but that deck staining for a first timer, it brilliant, mine needs doing, I offer free room and food, but then again I could come over there sit on your deck and get drunk with you. LOL Have a fun creative week.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda 1
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Towards the end of the day my back was stiff. And for about 2-3 days after I woke up all stiff and sore in the morning. Not much good left here. But the drinking...come on over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Western NC so we are almost neighbors! Your desk looks like a color wheel!
    thanks for visiting and the snoop around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your deck looks so fabulous!! I would spend so much time out there!! And the picture of the moon is awesome!! It looks like you are working on something fabulous with the distress inks!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors on that coffee filter. I wondered if you were trying to recreate that gorgeous yellow moon. :-)

    You reminded me my deck so badly needs to be stained, and painted... and repaired. Maybe next spring.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and for the kind comments.

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #4

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool moon is right! Making a turkey with the coffee filter? WOYWW hugs! Nan G #20 ps. Let me know when flat Susan arrives, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great staining! Both porch and coffee filter! That moon really doesn't look real - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll curious to see what you are making with the distress & coffee filter. The stained deck looks absolutely gorgeous -- nice job! Happy WOYWW a day late from Laura #10

    ReplyDelete
  9. That moon is awesome! And you did a great job on the staining and everything :)

    I cannot believe Christmas is coming up so soon! I was shopping (for a Thanksgiving table cloth) last night and they were already playing Christmas music in the mall!

    Love the coffee filter on your desk - can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, dear Brigita! Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind words. Your desk is also a place of beauty, but your moon view is amazing :)
    Hugs
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your deck is just beautiful! Along with your porch and that beautiful moon!

    Hugs, Robin 99

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greast pic of the mooon and the deck looks fab though a lot of work and what are you making on your desk, it looks like a coffee filter? Annette #14

    ReplyDelete
  13. The deck looks great. What cha doing with the coffee filters? Peg R #118

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by! I love that moon photo. Amazing!!! The deck looks great, that's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your deck looks fantastic, an expert job. You certainly have been busy and that photo of the moon is fabulous. I love the big moons.
    Have a great week,
    Von #25

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your decking area! Its a great colour and such a pretty space. When you said you were staining it I wondered how many Distress Inks you would need ;-) #44

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors you are using on the coffee filter! :)
    The deck looks gorgeous--and so did the moon.
    Thanks for the visit. Belated WOYWW #94 :)

    ReplyDelete