Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WOYWW #227 --- and London!!

Yay, it's October. The weather is a bit cooler, Halloween decorations are popping up, I love it. It's also Wednesday, which means it's share your craft desk over at Julia's Stamping Ground. I've been on vacation/holiday for a week and returned last Wednesday evening to a shutdown government and an uncertainty of when I'll be getting paid after this next partial paycheck (since I work for the government but am still required to work for an IOU!). 

Anyway, not much has happened on my desk since returning from London. I quickly made a "Thank You" card for the Operation Write Home World Card Making Day blog hop. You can see the card I made in the post below. I just moved my craft sheet to the side and pulled out some paper and a stamp set and got to work. The large pink accordion folder on the left is what I take with on trips to place items from each day (postcards, papers, etc). 


As far as my trip, it was wonderful. The weather is rainy, foggy London was in the mid 60's on average during the day. Cloudy but sunny during the day for the most part. I loved London and the bits outside of town that I saw!!

Stonehenge


                                                         City of Bath with Roman Spas 


                                                            Kew Gardens and Palace


                                                                   Leeds Castle

there I am...with White Cliffs of Dover in background

Trafalgar Square at sunset

                                       Parliament & Big Ben on Westminster Bridge at sunset

Windsor Castle Guards

and Buckingham Palace, of course!


Hope you enjoyed your "trip" to London. I have SO many more pictures but don't want to go overboard. I can't wait to work on my travel mini album/album. :-) 


18 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your employment status, you are the first I have known of that has been directly affected, I really feel for you. As for your trip, amazing photos and it looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing I really enjoyed my holiday..... LOL

    Happy WOYWW
    Eliza & Yoda 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful holiday. Collecting paper ads or napkins or tickets and things during my travels has proved worth while and memorable. Your desk is full of fun things to play with. Happy day... Carole #93

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fabulous trip to London, your pictures are fabulous hun, love your desk, very messy and interesting. Hope your job situation sorts itself out soon my lovely, hugs Avril#78

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip over here. Stonehenge is awesome, isn't it? Really love that place. You've seen more of London than I have, lol. We keep meaning to take a trip down there. Have a good week, Hugs, Shaz #31 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great trip. Sorry to hear the shut-down is affecting you. Better not get me started on politics, lol. ;-)

    Happy Woyww,

    Sandy #23

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow it sounds and looks like you have had a great trip, and your photos are just fabulous. I love the sunset at Trafalgar Square and the close up of the Guards. Sorry to hear about your job situation and I hope it improves for you soon. Have a great week! Danie #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about what is happening now that you have returned. Thanks for sharing a bit of your trip. Kim #98

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, your pictures are stunning!! They could be used on a travel brochure!! It looks like you had an amazing time!! I so wish I could go...I'd love to see all of the sights you saw!! Thanks for sharing!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks Lisa. I really want to get a better camera for my a trip next year. Hopefully one day you can get over there -- London is amazing. All the parks around Buckingham Palace...beautiful.

      Delete
  9. Like the pink accordion folder - great idea for a place to hold all those little things that get collected on a trip! Your photos are fabulous! Looks like an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gita
    it is so good to hear that you enjoyed your visit to London and all the other places you got to. My daughter has just gone to Bath University, I see you were at Bath.
    What a shame you came home to the problems of when you will get paid that must be a big worry. I hope you get it sorted and then you can start your holiday journal
    Happy WOYWW and wishing you a great week
    Ria #50

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just don't understand how a minority of people can hold a government to ransome, hope things get better soon. Looks like you have a good time ihere in the UK, I think yiu had pretty good weather. Francesca #32

    ReplyDelete
  12. Didn't you go whizzing through England! It does make me smile that everywhere in England is near London to people who live somewhere else...to us, those places are all miles away! you did really well to cover so many places! Stonehenge is the nearest to me, it's about one and a half hours away from me and would cost nearly £10 in fuel! Happy Late WOYWW!
    ((Lyn)) #36

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry to hear about the shocking state of pay you are having to deal with. It is disgusting - and you just back from a trip to here. Glad you enjoyed the trip anyway, you certainly saw lots and the weather was kinder to you than it is this week although we have had sunshine again today.
    Take care.
    Hugs, Neet 35 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Didn't realise you were in Dover, I live there! We're going on an archaeological dig near Stonehenge at the weekend. Great photos of the UK, glad you had a good time. Hugs. Pam#37

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a whole 20 minutes. LOL. Just a quick pit stop before heading back to London.

      Delete
  15. Thank you for commenting! That doesn't look like your dining table though! Maybe it once was, but it's a craft corner now!
    Lovely pictures of your holiday, and hope you won't be in trouble if the paycheck comes late (if... and I am positively assuming that it will come!)
    Debbie #53

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved seeing your pictures of your trip to London! It looks like a great time, thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete