Thursday, October 24, 2013

Eek!!

Halloween is almost here. Can you believe it? I love this "holiday" with all it's fun and/or spookiness. Last night I actually sat down and worked on a journal page and this is what I came up with ....I'm not to keen on my hand writing with the acrylic paint but trial and error, right? (The paper clips are to hold the page down since it's still curling up a bit.)


I used acrylic paint (green is Neon Green), added translucent embossing paste for the moon to add texture and depth. The witch, moon, tree, and graveyard are Tim Holtz dies. Glimmer Mist Haunted Shadows for a night sky/stars effect. The witch is covered in Black Magic embossing powder (Sparkle N Sprinkle - my old Design Team), Skellies are Deadbeat Design.


I really like the look of the witch with the embossing powder. Looks better in person. 


I embossed the tree after adding gesso and some acrylic paint and distress stain. Love the old, creepy look of it. 

I'm submitting this into the following challenges:

Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

Shopping Our Stash - Halloween or Orange & Black

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge  - Halloween or Halloween Colors


                                                    

11 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous. Love the witch and the tree looks so real. Bet it does look even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Journal page, Gita, love the colour and images xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is gorgeous, Gita!! I love the colors and the texture!! You did a fabulous job with all of the images and techniques you used!! Your handwriting looks awesome, too!! What a fun journal page!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it - it's spooktacular! I'm in love with Glimmer mists and Heidi Swapp color shine!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've had this Glimmer Mist for awhile now and finally dragged it out for some use!!

      Delete
  5. Gita,

    Really awesome page, I love the look of that tree it looks so real, most likely better IRL

    Hugs Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creepy old tree! So lifelike! The sparkly witch is super cool too swooshing through the eerie sky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shimmer and shine you've achieved on this page. Thanks for playing along with us in the Halloween/Halloween Colors challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You used so many techniques on this journal page! It looks amazing! Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash this week.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page is so stunning! The green that you chose was absolutely perfect to convey that creepy hazy Halloween vibe, yet this piece is still so elegant! The witch silhouette made me smile, as did the line of dancing skeletons. That texture that you added to the tree was incredible! So much talent here and I really feel inspired. Thank you for sharing this with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete