Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tim Holtz August Tag 2013



Welcome to some new followers! I appreciate you taking the time to follow me! The weather is finally staying dry and sunny. Clear blue skies! So nice! However, I know other places are still having wonky weather, like the Midwest right now. Hope y'all are staying cool and avoiding the heat!

Here's my tag I'm entering for the August challenge at Tim Holtz.



Pretty much followed the instructions. 

Here's the stamps I used: 
7 Gypsies (word background), Tim Holtz The Journey (airplane, compass, ticket), Tim Holtz City Central (stars), Tim Holtz French Market (stamp and postmark at very top right corner), TPC Studio Bon Voyage (sentiment).

I used Spiced Marmalade and Faded Jeans for my colors. The background was made with Pumice Stone and Weathered Wood stains. 

24 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Gita!! I love the stamps you used!! Awesome take on Tim's tag!! You did a fabulous job!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Gita, love this, Tim is awesome isn't he..xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful take on Tim's tag Gita

    Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked for you on WOYWW this morning but can't find you as yet. Love the tag - especially the dual colouring of the stars and words.
    Great composition.
    Hugs, Neet xx
    glad it is nice in Georgia - I have a friend lives in Lawrenceville

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neet! Lawrenceville is on the other side of town from where I live. About an hour away. :-)

      Delete
  5. This looks great. Love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this tag! The plane is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gita, I love your take on Tim's travel tag! Great masking and design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this take on the tag. Great result.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool Gita -- great take on the August tag! I love the colors on the 7 Gypsies stamp in the background. Fabulous vintage feel to the whole thing. Congrats on your win on Tim's blog for August!! -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo Gita! So pleased for you on your TH win! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. seeing the picture of your mother makes me smile.....
    lovely tag

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! I really like your tag and the background stamp works so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on your winning tag!! I love it, and am so happy for you fellow WOYWWer!

    ReplyDelete
  15. CONGRATULATIONS GITA! Great tag and a well deserved win! It's nice to see a WOYWW friend on the wall of fame. MMx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maisie. Was excited to see my name there. :-)

      Delete
  16. Congratulations on the TH win!! woo hoo!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tag! Congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations, your tag is fantastic!!! Sorry that I am so late in my congratulations - I havent had a quiet moment to myself to look at all the winners until now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this tag! Obviously, you did real good!!!!

    ReplyDelete