Wednesday, July 31, 2013

WOYWW #217 -- Scrapbook Layout

I was up super early this morning, couldn't sleep. :-( That doesn't usually happen to me thank goodness!!! I was up at 5am. Well, I was tossing around for a half hour prior to that. And on my first day off too. What the...?! 

Anyway, so today is Wednesday (and the last one in July too!!) and that means it's time to share our lovely craft desks over at Julia's Stamping Ground


So last weekend I pulled out my scrapbook stuff to work on my Munich trip I took back in December 2009. I swear, it took me forever to get a layout done. I really want to get at least one folder of pics done before I put it away again until who knows when. By "folder" I mean those 2 blue Creative Memories organizers near the center left side. Lots and lots of paper I collected for this album including Christmas paper because I went during the Christmas Markets. :-) 

I am currently working on a place in Munich called the Residenz. It's a former palace of Bavarian Monarchs. The place is gorgeous inside. The layout on the left is from the "Green Gallery". Isn't it gorgeous? 


The layout on the right are just various pictures. I'm really trying to pare down from ALL the pics I have. (Which is alot!!). A couple pictures include Relics. There was a room of these....apparently they are from 1590-1640. Little "altars" I guess with Saint's bones. Very strange looking...you need to look close but in the top part there is a skull. 



 I will heading out in a few hours to a local craft store for a Copics 101 class. I've used Copics before but want to learn more basics. I still need to practice more for blending, etc. 

Happy WOYWW!!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing place to visit. The walls and ceiling are stunning. Thanks for stopping by today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos Gita. I'd love to take a Copic's class. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW - that looks like a fantastic place to visit and I LUV the reliquary :-D

    Thanks for letting me visit :-)

    Happy WOYWW

    IKE in Greece #58

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning photos. Hope you enjoy your class. x Jo #11

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I would love to see the Green Gallery some day, just my kind of gallery. Love your LOs.
    Krisha #108

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to a copics class! All though I don't actually own any yet. Thanks for your visit earlier :) Uniflame - 81

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great workspace! It makes you want to sit down and start playing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, the palace looks amazing!! Beautiful pictures!! Have fun at your class!! I'd love to learn some basic techniques with shading... Happy Wednesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of fun stuff to see at the Residenz and it amazes me that it made it through all the bombings during WWII even if it was hidden underground and around the country. Have a creative week! Thanks for visiting my desk and leaving such a nice comment. Vickie #80

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layout and it complements the colour of your desk lol
    ooh dont forget to show us what you learnt from your copic class
    Bridget #63

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I see LOTS of fun goodies! I cant wait to see the end results. And like super wow on a place to be working.. is that to many wow's. lol I love it! Im a newbie and just kinda stumbling around. Thanks for sharing.
    Roberta #122

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see why you would have so many pics to sort through, that is one seriously beautiful room with amazing artifacts! Annette #1 for the first time in 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous room - but didn't peer too closely for the skull in the next picture. Looks as if you have lots of lovely LO's coming up with all that is on your desk.Hugs, Neet 19 xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing photos. I'm still (very) slowly scrapping family photos from 2009 too. Once I got the card making bug, my scrapping pretty much fell to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome desk! And such wonderful things are happening!!
    Sorry I'm late...
    xxDaniella#100

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Gita, thanks for swinging by my blog..sorry I am so late getting to yours! I love your desk, I would really like one of those pegboards. The photos from Munich are amazing! Cx #121

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello!

    A busy workdesk! I hope that you enjoyed the Copics class - I would like to take some also. I have been slowly collecting the markers and now have the books. Wishing you a happy week!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow stunning photos, I bet they were lovely to scrap book. Lots of beautiful crafty bits on your desk and I love the shelve thingy you have, how clever. Hope you enjoyed your class. Happy woyww :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous palace, but how weird to see a skull inside that lovely box, which looks like a jewelry box...? Hmm, foreign customs are so interesting to learn about, aren't they? :) Well, I'm running horribly late on my return visits this week...I moved my craft room around twice! since last WOYWW and so I'll have some interesting pictures for WOYWW this week, for sure! lol :) Anyways, love the LO's! I bet it was very hard to get them just right since the photo's had so much color to contribute...probably why I don't do scrapbooks, too hard! lol :) Deeyll

    ReplyDelete