Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Getaway - Tim Holtz July 2013 Tag

It is my "Saturday" and I'm up super early (can you say before 5am?!) and can't sleep. So, I'm up, drinking my coffee and on the 'net. Figured I'd try to catch up with some blogging. And, today is the last day to enter Tim Holtz's July tag. 

So, since I don't really have any patriotic dies and it was late in the month, I decided to go with a "beachy" theme. Why not? It's summer and I enjoy the beach.


For the background, I used Weathered Wood and Broken Chine Distress Stains. The stamp is Memory Box Mail Definitions. (And uh, be careful to make sure it is right side up prior to stamping! LOL). In a couple corners I stamped some swirls by TPC Studio Sentiment and Corner Swirls. The sentiment is from same TPC Studio set, added brads and popped up with mounting tape. Vintage Photo Distress Ink was added around the edges.

The Palm Tree, shells, and wave are all Memory Box dies.  


I probably could've used more Distress Crackle on the dies but you can still see the bit of crackling. Mudd Puddles Cabana Beach was added along the bottom of the tag. 


The shell I collected on the beach and added Starfire glitter by Sparkle N Sprinkle. The pin is by Stampin' Up. Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon with matching stains. 

I'm submitting this to 12 tags of 2013 - July by Tim Holtz. 


3 comments:

  1. What an awesome tag. Love the colors you used and the Mudd Puddles are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an awesome tag. Love your colors and the sea shell is the perfect embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this tag - especially the sea shell! I think its my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete