Monday, July 1, 2013

Beach Birdhouse


Hello Everyone! Can you believe July is already upon us? Summer is in full force here in the South!! Love it...

So, since it is July, and the 1st of the month at that...it is time for a new challenge at Sparkle N Sprinkle. This month the challenge is to make "Anything but a Card". I came up with a little beach house for the birds.


I had alot of fun pulling out all my "beachy" acrylic paints and adding fun colors to the roof and eave. After adding the color I stamped this starfish from the Tropical stamp set and embossed with Hit the Beach


I stamped the flip flops and Palm Hammock onto white tissue paper, colored with markers, and than fussy cut them out. I applied to the birdhouse with Mod Podge. I also added Starfire glitter along the top of the eave and along the outside of the "door". 


The shells also have the Starfire and Cyclamen glitter added with SNS brushable glue. Around all the edges I dabbed on Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink. 


Along the bottom I hot glued some twine and than the shells in one corner. Sea Glass and Cabana Beach Mudd Puddles were laid out along the entire bottom of the birdhouse ledge. 


Lastly, I found Mod Podge molds and mod melts to make the little bird which was painted and glued onto the house. 


That's it for me....head over and check out the challenge for this month. If you use a SNS digital or rubber stamp with your project you will receive a FREE digital stamp just for playing along. 

All the guidelines can be found on the challenge page as well and you have until July 31st, 2013 to enter. Have fun!!


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness....how cute! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a birdhouse mansion? It is absolutely adorable! Such details and so much glitter! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Gorgeous project. I love all the different things (and ways) you added to this adorable birdhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the design!! The palm trees and hammock are fabulous!! The flip-flops, too!! What an awesome birdhouse!! You did such a great job!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation Gita! Is it hanging in that tree - and does it have a family in it? If I were a bird - I'd certainly pick this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! How perfect! I love the star fish and the palm trees with the hammock! If I were a bird, I'd pick to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW CUTE!!!! I love it! I love birdhouses anyway and this is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome bird house that any little bird would love to start a family! Love all the details on it! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete