Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Hope everyone is enjoying today with their dad, spouse, granddad, children, etc...my dad passed away 13 years ago in May. He was 75 years old. 

I look so much like him in this picture. It's crazy!


Onto a card I made for Sparkle N Sprinkle using one of their new stamp sets called My Anchor. I used Black Detail embossing powder on the rope stamp along the top. The large anchor was stamped, colored, and fussy cut. I added some glossy accent to the anchor part. The smaller anchor was from the MFT Sea Charms die set. I added some 2 1/2" Tear-iffic Tape to scrap CS and than die cut the anchor. Than added Black Ice glitter. The compass and sentiment are both from the same set. The corners of the CS were punched with a Tonic Studios Corner Ticket punch. 



6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, Gita!! I love the quote!! The anchors look fabulous!! And your Dad was so handsome!! Have a great evening my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Brigita! I am sorry your dad is no longer here, but so glad you enjoy fond memories. hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Gita. Love the effect you achieved on the anchor - it looks real! You did take after your Dad, a very handsome guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful masculine card. Love the anchors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card - simple, yet very elegant and masculine. I'm sure he would have loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do look like your dad! Great card. Love the anchors!

    ReplyDelete