Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tim Holtz May Tag of 2013

I finally got around to making my Tim Holtz tag for May after a quick stop at Hobby Lobby. I was still in a beach state of mind after returning from there this past Sunday. 


This time I definitely added more distress stain to my craft sheet and love the way the colors turned out. It even looks like a stormy sky at the beach. :-)

Distress Stains - Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, Brushed Pewter, Victorian Velvet, Bundled Sage, and Squeezed Lemonade. 

The palm tree is by Art Impressions. Also used Dylusions - Background Love in a few areas. 

I'm not sure if I like the remnant rubons. I placed it on the tag and rubbed the ones I wanted and than the whole sheet came off onto the tag...even the ones I didn't rub. I had to place the protective sheets all around the areas I didn't want on my tag. That or you would have to just cut around what you want and than rub it on. 



I do like the enameled tags. I added Cloudy blue and Pink Sherbet alcohol inks and than some Raspberry after adding the remnant words. 


I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edges. 


And for some glitter (cause I love glitter) I added Stickles Eucalyptus  around the palm tree leaves. 

So happy with my tag this month. :-)

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops, what I said was - just gorgeous Gita! I love the colors of the sky, it has a real beachy look to it. Super job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag! Absolutely love the colors of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! The sky looks amazing!! The colors are perfect!! And the palm tree is fabulous!! I love this!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag! I love the colors and all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Tag!! Love the colors...it does look like a stormy sky at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got me with those colors!!! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your May tag is just gorgeous! I usually cut out my rub-ons (with the back protector sheet). That way I only rub on what I want. When the rest of the rub-ons start looking like swiss cheese, I cut them into more manageable pieces and staple the rub-ons to the protector sheets with the Tiny Attacher. Although, I love how your enamel tag came out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this tag...the palm tree image is way cool, and your tag is wonderful - great colors!

    ReplyDelete