Monday, April 8, 2013

Sunset Silhouette


Happy Monday! Well, the weather is finally cooperating and seems to be warming up for good. And of course, I start feeling yucky. Been fighting a cold since Saturday. Popping Vitamin C, got rest Saturday night, tea. So we'll see. I'm even making my own chicken broth right now to freeze for later. And there's still loads to do around the house and outside. 

But, onto crafting....here's a card I made for Sparkle N Sprinkle using their new Silhouettes stamp set. This is such a pretty set, love it!!


I used alcohol inks (latte, lettuce, sunset orange, and sunshine yellow) to create the background. A wood grain embossing folder for the Kraft cardstock. The image was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Fiery Brown embossing powder. A strip of burlap was added behind the image. I love the way the alcohol inks turned out for the sky. 

Have a great week!! 

11 comments:

  1. So pretty - love the streaks in the sky - makes it look real :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card Gita, I like the stamping and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

    The card is beautiful, the alcohol inks look great for the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors you used for the sky! It turned out beautiful! Love the stamp, too, and the embossing folder is perfect with it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this is absolutely stunning!! I love, love the scene you've created!! The colors in the sky look amazing!!

    I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well :( I would have suggested Vitamin C, which always seems to help me with colds. Hopefully it will pass soon and you feel much better. Sending positive thoughts your way!! Happy Monday :)

    Hugs, Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Gita, especially the alcohol ink background. Hope you are feeling much better very soon, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful creation! Love the background. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't gotten my hands on this stamp set yet, but hope to soon - it looks like so much fun to play with! Love what you did with it! Your background is SO pretty and the embossing made that image really POP! And I love that burlap strip! (I love to play with burlap too - it adds such a great texture!) Really great card Gita!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How neat! I love alcohol inks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your background you created and love this stamp set too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card. Beautiful sunset look and love how you layered it on the embossed kraft and burlap.

    ReplyDelete