Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mmm... Strawberries

Happy Weekend! My days off have changed so now my weekends are Wednesday and Thursday. For the rest of this year at least. 

Strawberries are in season now. Yum! I remember living in California where there were fields of strawberries and you can buy them right there. 


I found an idea on Pintrest for the Kraft part of this card. Mine turned out slightly different but still like the look of it. This card was made for Sparkle N Sprinkle using the Sweet Strawberries stamp set.

I embossed the Kraft CS with a wood grain folder and than cut into about 1/2' strips and wove them together. The strawberries were colored with Copics and than added Shimmer embossing powder with a Versamark pad and heat set. You can see the shimmery goodness here...


8 comments:

  1. Those strawberries look yummy, the colour is just right! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just yummy, Gita. Yes, I remember going strawberry picking even in Scotland! Mum always made her on jams and jellies. I can smell it now cooking on the stove! Love the background too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, Gita!! Those strawberries look good enough to eat!! I love the texture and design of the background!! What a fabulous card!! Happy Sunday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gita
    this is really lovely the strawberries are fantastic and I love the texture of the background. A really pretty piece
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love the woven background and all the shimmer on the strawberries!! waving hi from the soggy hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gita, this is so pretty!! Lovely coloring and I like how you embossed over it to give it sparkle. Your embossed and woven background is perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the woven background and the strawberries look like the have sugar on them! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those strawberries look good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete