Thursday, April 25, 2013

Bird's Nest


Hello! Well, I am in just one of those non-crafty moods but need to sit down and get some work done. Don't you hate that? I went out of town this weekend and came home with another bit of a cold. Or something. Been fighting it with tea, honey, water, Vitamin C...etc....ugh!!

Quick post so I can get on up to the craft room and see what I can get done.


I used the new Bird Song set from Sparkle N Sprinkle to make this card. I used a Stampin' Up Quilt embossing folder for the green background. Inked up the edges with Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) and than distressed. I used Distress Markers (Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Vintage Photo) to color in the bird's nest and the row of eggs. For the eggs though, I added the colors directly onto the stamp and then stamped onto Kraft paper. I added a bit of a sparkly border above the eggs with Peruvian Lily Velvet glitter. Full instructions can be found here


5 comments:

  1. So, so pretty Gita. Love this new SNS set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Gita!! The embossing is fabulous - it adds such great texture!! What a beautiful card!! I hope you are feeling much better soon!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty card. I love the textured background. I also love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry you are feeling sick! I hope you are feeling better soon!

    I really like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card and love the embossed background. Hope you had a great weekend and feel better now.

    ReplyDelete