Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WOYWW #198

Another Wednesday....another week to snoop around at everyone's work spaces and see what is (or isn't) going on...if you'd like to go check it out or snoop yourself head on over to Stamping Ground where Julia is the wonderful hostess. Everyone and anyone is welcome!! 

The weather here doesn't seem to want to cooperate. This past weekend was gorgeous. Low 70's. Monday some nasty storms rolled through the area with possible tornado's, hail damage (including at the airport where I work, airplanes were pelted with hail, co-worker's houses/cars were damaged by falling trees or hail), and this morning I woke up to an alert on my phone for freeze warning!! What the heck....!!

So here's my desk. I haven't worked on it since Sunday. I came home from a Stampin' Up club on Monday and set some things down...


My little black craft carrier with some items in it, the 3 cards we made which are just adorable, leftover supplies from all the Easter cards I made. My Bow-Easy bow maker. Love that thing, so easy to make bows now. Finished up my Tim Holtz March tag which is in the previous post...LOVE how it turned out, especially this Stampendous Vintage Embossing Tinsel I bought last week...so sparkly and just love the look of it. 

Yesterday right before I left for work I saw a cardinal sitting just outside my backyard on a tree...



I zoomed allllll the way in from my deck!! He (or she) was singing with another cardinal. One would sing, than this one would respond back. :-) I did have a bird feeder in my yard under the tree. But, someone (my male dog) tore it down like a little stinker! He is such the hunter. 

Happy Wednesday!! 

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow, thanks for that photograph of the bird. I have never seen one and did not know they were so brightly coloured.
    Looks like you had a good time at your crafting meet on Monday - hope you show us those adorable cards.
    Hugs, Neet xx 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super photo and glad you had a great time at your meet.
    Happy WOYWW and have a great week Heather#133

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Gita -- thanks for the cardinal picture! We are so ready for spring here (upstate NY) and instead we get another stinking snowstorm. Not unusual, of course, just not appreciated! The cards look beautiful. Hope you get some more warm weather soon. Happy WOYWW from Laura #115

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weather is crazy all over. I would love some 60's temps myself, but you can keep the hail. We did see a robin last week, but have had snow flurries for the last 3 days. ugh, come on Spring. Love the cardinal picture. Happy Wednesday! LisaDV #145

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous photo of the cardinal.
    Happy Wednesday #142

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our weather in England is not much better. We get one day of beautiful sunny Spring and the next day, we are right back to icy cold winter and the threat of snow. I love your little black organiser, such a useful piece of equipment. Thank you for your visit and your kind comments. Tried a piece of the Malt Bread again today and it is even better than when it was fresh yesterday. Have a great week. xx Maggie #32

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your Tim Tag yesterday! That's a great picture of the cardinal - we don't have birds anything like that here. Thanks for showing us your workdesk - happy WOYWW! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry that Mother Nature has been so topsy-turvy nasty lately, Gita! I think that awesome cardinal made up for it, though ~ what a fantastic photo!! Love your desk and the takes from your fun workshop!!

    Have a wonderful week! Darnell #42

    ReplyDelete
  9. your desk is looking great and that little bird is just amazing what wonderful colours
    Have a wonderful WOYWW
    Ria #44

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gita, just had a look at your TimTag - lovely! Looks like you've been having fun! Thanks for sharing the photo of the cardinal - I've only ever seen them as crafting supplies! Have a happy week MMx #50

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have the Bow-Easy! Great little tool! And we also have red cardinals, along with Gambel Quail, roadrunners, doves.... Anyway I hope to get my desk as "neat" as yours... LOL! Still unpacking from the retreat. Thanks for visiting! Happy WOYWW!
    Carol N #122

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well what a roller-coaster of weather ! 4 seasons in 4 days ! What an amazing bird - so vivid - the best I do are great tits & blue tits and nuthatches at my bird feeders here in Wales - the latter are truly messy eaters !! Oh an a woodpecker who come in late spring ! have a fun week ! Ali #22

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is definetely a HE- Cardnial..lol So your coming up this way? yay!! Let's get together if you can, but if you can't get away from friends or family, then I do hope you stop by the Art MoB in Hendersonville. Let me know what your plans are! Thanks for visiting me today Gita, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A male bird okay. :-) i haven't tried to look it up to see the difference. I'll let you know my plans as time gets closer.

      Delete
  14. Gita what a wonderful bird to have on your backdoor step, I have never seen one in real life but he sure is a beauty. I got the die cut just recently for christmas cards even though they are not native to Australia.
    Thanks for sharing him, I so love animals of all types.

    Hugs Eliza
    Belated WOYWW greetings to you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your bird photo, aren't they beautiful, you're so lucky having them. Great desk too -plenty going on. Happy WOYWW Gill x #41

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really need to invest in a bow maker like that sometime. Amazed at your Cardinal! Love these birds - so dramatic. Happy belated WOYWW and thanks for dropping by, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great desk and those cards look interesting would like to see more. Also love the tag. Anne x #162

    ReplyDelete