Sunday, March 17, 2013

Easter Peeps

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather here has been so enjoyable. Spring is definitely here. I was cutting myself short by a week too I just realized a bit ago. I was thinking Easter is next Sunday but I still have a couple weeks. Whew! LOL.

Here's a couple adorable (if I do say so myself, hehe) cards I made. 


I used a wood grain embossing folder and Spellbinders Labels Eight die to emboss and trim the kraft cardstock. Added pattern paper to card and popped up the die cut/embossed with mounting tape. The branches are Impression Obsession - Leafy Branch (2), My Favorite Things - Fresh Cut Grass (2), Memory Box - Flower Mound. The top grass die was popped up with mounting tape. The chicks, eggs, and sentiments are from Sparkle N Sprinkle and colored with Copics. I added Lacy Lilac glitter to center of flowers on trees and Sunny Daze glitter to chicks. 


Here's a second card that is very similar with some minor changes...


I added some Distress Ink along the edge of the kraft paper. Added the trio of peeps by Sparkle N Sprinkle. Pink flowers on trees with Glam Pink Stickles to center of each flower. 

I really had fun making these little scenes with the various dies. First time trying it out. Love getting inspiration from all my bloggers! :-)

11 comments:

  1. Your cards are so cute, so much detail. You did a nice job. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful card! I love the dimensional effect it has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute cards!! I love these little guys. Great dimensional look on your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really sweet Gita I like the little chicks.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are to "die" for Gita! Love the trees and the little chicks are just adorable! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the designs and dimension!! The trees are fabulous!! And those little chicks are adorable!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are adorable. Love all the dies you incorporated into the scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable is definitely the word! These are so cute and the colours are lush! xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gita what a fabulous make ...the background is gorgeous and those chicks so cute.

    Thanks for leaving such a kind comment on my blog....so kind

    Crafty hugs

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are so cute really lovely Easter cards I love the way you have used the wood effect embossing folders, adorable cards
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really cute, Brigita. I love the scenes. Great job!

    ReplyDelete