Thursday, March 28, 2013

Easter Chick

Can you believe Easter is just around the corner? A couple days away now. Easter and my birthday can be a hard time since 2 years ago Easter fell two days after my birthday and it was the last time I spoke to my mom. She than went to the hospital right afterwards and passed away 4 days later. One month from today it'll be 2 years. 

Anyway...onto some more Easter cards. This one I made for Sparkle N Sprinkle


The peepin' chick was colored with Copics and than added Glossy Accents over the cracked egg. The egg border was stamped a few times across to create a longer border and colored with Copics. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 



I used SNS sticker paper to create the sparkly backgrounds behind the chick. Both layers were cut with Spellbinders Labels Eight die. The bottom layer was covered in Sunny Daze glitter and the top layer was covered in Easy Green glitter. Sparkly!! 

And thank you to my new followers. I do appreciate you taking the time to follow me. :-)

5 comments:

  1. This is so fun - a lovely, sparkly, bright Easter card! Love the colored egg border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Love the sparkly backgrounds and the egg border. Great idea to put glossy accents on the egg shell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the sparkly background!! The chick is so adorable!! And the egg border is fabulous!! What an awesome card!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card - love the glossy accents on the egg and the sparkly background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your card! There's so much beautiful detail. My thoughts are with you, as the loss of your mother is on your mind even more at this time of year. Blessings to you and your family. ~ Laura

    ReplyDelete