Monday, February 18, 2013

Love

Happy Monday everyone!! It's President's Day here in the States. I am one of those people who doesn't get a 3 day weekend out of it. (Unless I specifically take a vacation day.) Just one of those jobs where you can't close up!! 

Here's a tag I made for Tim Holtz's February tag/challenge. 



I used the Fire Brick distress stain on the base of the tag. Distressed the edges and than swiped Black Soot DI around the edge. I used Stampin' Up - You Are Loved set for the background image, the main image, and the sentiment. Added some glossy accents to the punched out hearts at the top. Also swiped some Pewter Distress Stain with my finger randomly across tag. The ribbon at the top is some Tim Holtz tissue tape that I just folded in half and crinkled up. 


12 comments:

  1. Hi Gita. I don't get a 3 day weekend either! Your card is perfect and elements are classic! xo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!!! Love the black sooty look on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tag!! I love the fired brick and the stamps you used!! I've meant to play along with Tim's tags and just haven't had a chance. This is fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super tag Gita - love the distressed feel and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool mixed media tag! You are definitely a natural at it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this tag, very bright :-) and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you can't get the day off. You tag for Tim's challenge is fantastic. The red is so rich and the black just makes it stand out even more. A really lovely tag
    Ria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous take on Tim's tags! Love all the different elements and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tag is really lovely - I didn't play along with Tim's tag this month - sorry I am so late commenting - it was a busy week and I just lost track of time! Enjoy crafting - your cards are lovely!
    Lots of hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tag Gita! Love the red with the smokey black. Great accent elements with the embossing, hearts, and bakers twine too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, grungy tag!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete