Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blast from the Past

A couple months or so ago I was going through some boxes in my craft closet. I have several with cards that I've received and others with cards that my mom kept over the years that I sent to her and my dad. She even saved cards from when I was a kid!! (When she passed, my sisters all kept our cards.)

Here's some that I made in the last 14 years or so. I still have the bear and Valentine sentiment stamp. 



Back in 1998 I cross-stitched (with beads too) several cards for family and friends. There were several designs. This was towards the end of my cross stitching days. 


And than there was this one from my nephew's son...isn't it too cute?! Well, my sister (his grandmother) helped. :-)



How about anyone else? Do you keep cards people send to you? Or have older cards that you made for others that have been passed down? 


10 comments:

  1. These are all beautiful!! The cross-stitched tree is so gorgeous!! I keep all the cards I've ever received in several shoe boxes!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely memories. My Mum tells me that she holds on to all my cards that I send to her and my Dad - must be a pretty big box by now!! I'm glad she's still filling it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to be able to see cards you made in the past - great memories associated with them, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (hit enter too soon) I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and getting a chance to talk with you Saturday. Hope to see you in July at the next event, if not before.

      Delete
  4. Love to see all the old cards. My sister and I were just looking at some of our early creations that we thought were just gorgeous at the time and now not so much LOL.... Yours are beautiful though ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are wonderful! My mother-in-law keeps all of my cards and she and my husband's sister have been cutting off the front and resending me some of them or adding a few touches of their own!It has been fun seeing some old cards of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun to find these in your stash. I enjoy seeing my older artwork, too. Reinspires me! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, what a wonderful trip down memory lane! I adore looking through my old designs - such great memories! My grandmother had always kept all the cards I had made her. A few years ago, she started giving them back to me figuring she didn't have much time left on this Earth & figured I would appreciate having them back. I was so touched by how lovingly she marked each one & saved them so carefully.

    It was so nice to see some of the creations from your past - just lovely! (I think we should all make a pact to share a few of our "long ago" designs every once and a while!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to read that there are more people who keep the cards they received in the past, especially the handmade ones! So sweet of your mom to keep all the beautiful cards you made for her!

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely keep any handmade cards I receive. I also have a lot of old ones I made. It is fun to see how things have changed. Love the cards you shared.

    ReplyDelete