Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sparkle N Sprinkle Fancy Fold Blog Hop

Hope everyone is having a great week. Most everyone's weekend is almost here...mine will start Saturday afternoon (after a 6 day work week, ugh!). And I'll be getting a massage.....ahhhhhh!! Can't wait. 

I want to welcome everyone to the Sparkle N Sprinkle Fancy Fold Blog Hop. (Fancy Fold = anything other than a "normal" card.) This blog hop will run for FOUR days. That's right- you'll have plenty of time to check out all the great creations by the SNS Design Team. 

If you've arrived from their blog than you are in the right place. If not, I would start there to make sure you have all the details for this hop. There are 3 prizes hidden on 3 different mystery designer blogs so make sure you leave a comment on everyone's blogs. Winners will be announced on January 21st on the SNS blog so make sure you check back there to see if you won.

Now grab yourself a tasty beverage/snack and let's go....



My "fancy fold" is a Tri-Shutter card. This was my first time making this fold and it was pretty easy. I followed the instructions from a Split Coast Stampers  video. There's also a great tutorial on the Sparkle N Sprinkle Tips & Techniques section. So, for the base of the card you can go to either site. However, there is a slight difference in the center part of the card between the two. (Mine doesn't have the 6" score that the SNS site makes.)


For the front center part of the card, use a piece of Super Adhesive sheet approximately 2 1/2" by slightly less than 4". Remove protective layer and sprinkle Reflection Velvet Glitter all over and burnish into sheet. Stamp sentiment/hearts, which I used from the Happy Hearts stamp set, with Versamark and emboss with Cherry embossing powder. Cut a piece of red CS 1/8" smaller than glitter sheet and the embossed CS about 1/16" smaller.

Adhere all pieces together and add to front of card. Trim two different pieces of pattern paper (I used Echo Park - Yours Truly) and adhere to inside center and far right side of card. 

Next, stamp square sentiments onto white CS with Versamark and emboss with Cherry and Black Detail embossing powder. Trim to 1 1/4" by 1 1/4". Cut two pieces of black CS and one piece of red CS 1/16" bigger. Adhere to embossed pieces and than to far right side of card. 


Punch a heart from Super Adhesive sheet and sprinkle with Fire Engine Red glitter. Press down to make sure glitter sticks well. Punch another heart from white CS. Adhere white CS slightly off center from red/glitter heart and right, center of card with pop dots. 

For remaining sections of the card, cut red CS 1/16" smaller than each section. Trim pattern paper 1/16" smaller than red CS. Adhere all pieces to card except the bottom center (with ribbon). 


Adhere black ribbon and bow to bottom, center section and than add to card. 



Punch five small hearts from super adhesive sheet and add Reflection and Fire Engine Red glitters to hearts. Add 3 hearts to top section of card and 2 to lower section (with ribbon) with pop dots. 



Here's another view with the card completely opened....


Remember to leave a comment to be eligible for a prize from Sparkle N Sprinkle. Thanks for stopping by....hope you enjoyed your stay...next up is Karalee

70 comments:

  1. I Love your card. this is great!!! Love these shutter cards. You did a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous shutter card, love all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just look at those fabulous folds! I love all the sparkle and hearts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes, you spent a lot of time on your card. It is so intricate and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty and creative card for Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is really great. I have never mastered this style fold. I love how you used that stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card b. I love all of the fun stuff around each opening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great valentine. Lots of intricate cuts and details. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where to start LOL... What a fabulous card - love the offset red & white heart... I can never decide what to do on all those panels :) Great job - it's glittery and has so many elements - yet doesn't seem cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brigita, your card is so romantic, and classy and sparkly, and and and... GORGEOUS! I love what you have done in the way of a color scheme and the Valentine theme! It's beautiful - wonderfully layered with pretty DPs. Soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic card, Gita. First of all I love that fancy fold. Your color combination is awesome - everything going so well together. .... and you used just the right amount of bling. Terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the card. The fancy fold is fabulous! I'll have to try this one. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card Gita! Full of color and sparkle! And I love how you combined your choices of stamps and papers - they complement each other perfectly! Really fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully done!! So sparkly and shiny!! Love the fancy fold!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the layout. Love the sparkle
    Lori G

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, Gita. These are fun cards to make and you knocked it out of the park. Great combos of color and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous shutter card. Love all the sparkly goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great change for a Valentine. Love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brigita...your Valentine shutter card is wonderful! I really love the design...with all of it's cuts and folds. Your finished card is beautiful! I love the red, white and black together. The touches of glitter and sparkle are so effective! I wanted to thank you so much for the very nice comments you left on my blog. Very sweet and very much appreciated! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so gorgeous!! The papers you used are beautiful!! The fold is fabulous!! I love the touch of sparkle!! What an awesome Valentine's card!! Happy Thursday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Luv the layout and hearts are one of my favorites nice card. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This card is just fantastic. Wonderful layout and great image choices used and of course, love all the glitz.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this fold, and your card is very inspiring to make me attempt one. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the fold card will try that tha.ks

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your card, I am familiar with the fold/cut, but always have trouble embellishing it. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Luv your cards thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a terrific fold! Thanks for the wonderful step-by-step instructions!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Okay, I have my afternoon cup of coffee and I'm off and running now in my first hop with you all. Exciting and I already see a beautiful creation by you. Very lovely. TFS and thanks for the opportunity to win. Jan Douglas, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice color scheme and those glittered hearts just jump of the paper!! Great job!! Thanks for sharing!

    StephanieM, Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the style of this card! Terrific job!
    Kim S

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your card! I love all of the glitter hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fantastic Valentine! Love all the glitter and the hearts, along with the creative fold!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've made this fold before but never was able to embelish it. Thanks for all the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've always liked this type of card. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thanks for showing how to make this card. I love it and am now anxious to use my adhesive paper that is sitting in my drawer screaming out at me "USE ME"...

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful card! Someone special will be very pleased.
    Stephanie K

    ReplyDelete
  37. this fancy fold is perfect to send as a keepsake instead of flowers. OK for allergy sufferers and no watering. I will have to get brave and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fantastic Card! I especially liked you twist on the folds created. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I made one of these over the last 3 days from a tutorial from Selma from Joan's Gardens with the center score. It was not hard but took a lot of time. I made it for my oldest grand daughter's birthday. Glad you chose this one and did it from a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I always find it hard to figure out how to fill all the spaces on a trishutter card - yours is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I have always loved this shape...thanks for the reminder
    bye
    bibian

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your card. Have made this style for Christmas and each holiday is as pretty as the next. Cathie g.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love different card folds. This is a different fold and I will use it! Love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  44. This is beautiful! I did my first fancy fold cards this past Christmas and really had fun with them. I'll definitely be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Beautiful card, I love the colors! This is a fun fold card to make & you can showcase so many stamps from one set yet it will still look great! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have not tried this card yet, will have to give it a try now. Loved the way you "offset" the glittered heart, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great card. Yours came out much better than the one my friend and I made. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  48. What a beautiful card - will have to try it! At first glance, I thought the hearts were embroidered....

    ReplyDelete
  49. I just love your card! It is very interesting and beautiful! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  50. Thanks for your beautiful work. It's a bit beyond my capability but is lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Wow! What a beautiful card. Love the sparkly hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is beautiful.. I love this set and you did it such justice... Thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  53. A beautiful card, all the glitter and great color choices.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Gita, what a fabulous card!! I love the bright red heart. I will definitely have to try it! I always loved this fold and it is superbly done.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love this fold and love your Valentine cardthanks for showing it
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  56. sweet card, love the fold will have to try it

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love the card, thanks for the inspiration.
    I am a card maker and I want to take them to the next level. I will definately be trying this fold.
    Roseanna C
    rcraw721@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Gita, You have created a wonderful Valentine Card. I love the glittery hearts and in general the theme. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi Gita, This is gorgeous! I love the tri-shutter card. It was one of the first folds I tried, and I know how much work goes into them. Yours looks to be made with love! Thank you for sharing - Phyllis

    pwrench40@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  60. I love the folds! And the white/red/black combination is classy. GReat job!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Tri shutter cards are fun to make and really special. Thank you for sharing yours and reminding me of what fun they are to make and share.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Tri-shutter cards are one of my favorite folds. You've done a superb job with it! Great colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  63. What an Amazing project. the colors and the sparkles. I love all the folds thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Wow this card is amazing, I have never done multiple fold cards, must give it a go one day.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  65. Gorgeous card - you would never know this was your first with this fold.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Gorgeous Shutter card. Love all the sparkle you added.

    ReplyDelete