Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Ornaments


Well, I think I am finally on the mend from this bout of bronchitis. Today is the first day I feel "okay" since Christmas!!!! Thank goodness!! 

Here's something I whipped up before the Holiday and sent two off as gifts...


I bought 3 wooden birdhouse ornaments at Michael's (wish now I bought more!!) and some Christmas paper napkins from Tuesday Morning (never heard of this store until I needed napkins for crafting). 


I than used the very top sheet from the napkins and "cut" them out using a small paintbrush and water. Than basically decoupaged with water and glue. 


When done, added one more coat of the glue and sprinkled very fine glitter over ornament. Ta-da!! 

I was so pleased with how they turned out. My favorite is the last one...love that girl and boy image. 


7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better!! What gorgeous birdhouses!! The napkins are so fabulous!! I love the beautiful designs!! Happy Friday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! I just love these beautiful ornaments! You did a fantastic job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea for an ornament or home decor item, Gita. Sorry to hear you have been ill - not fun at all, but glad you are now feeling better. Love the bird in your project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all gorgeous. What a fun and clever idea. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous projects. It's fun to use with napkins and crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just catching up with past posts and came across this one, the tree ornaments are devine and so beautiful. Might have to give this one a go myself.

    Love them....

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete