Monday, January 28, 2013

Cafe Au Lait


Bonjour!! Hello!! Hope the start of everyone's week is going well. It's actually the end of mine as I go back tomorrow evening. And the weather is koo-koo!! Tomorrow is forecasted to be 83, Wednesday 71 with thunderstorms, and back to 54 on Thursday. Boy oh boy! 

I made this card for the Penny Black January Challenge which is January Blues which wanted blue tones used on the card. 


So, the stamp set is Mimi in Paris by Penny Black. The Eiffel Tower is embossed with some old EP I had, Judi-Kins Aegean Silver. It's great in person, not only is it silver but it has flecks of blue. Mimi is popped up from the card. I used flocking powder on her hat (I should've colored the hat too, oh well). I also added Lt Blue Pearl Pen dots on her dress for buttons. I used Spellbinders Squares for the dark background and white too. Before popping out the white one (which was a royal pain!!) I daubed Weathered Wood and Iced Spruce distress inks, and Paris Dusk Memento ink for the background to create a night sky. Added some rhinestones to each corner. 

Does anyone else have problems popping these intricate dies out of the actual die?? I just bought new plates for my Cuttlebug but it seems like it still takes a whole lot of times to run through it for it to cut completely (which I believe makes it really jammed into the die). 

**Also....while reading Katie's blog, I saw a post for Pay It Forward. I was able to sign up on her blog and here's the details (which I am copying form her) if you would like to participate....it definitely sounds like a fun, nice thing to do...

The first 5 people to comment with their email will receive a surprise gift from me sometime during 2013! There will likely be no warning, it will happen when the mood strikes me. We all deserve a little something special every now and then and I would love to PAY IT FORWARD and spread the love!

There is only one catch: If you are among the first 5 to comment below, you must make the same offer on your blog or FB status (if you don't have a blog). Let's keep it moving friends!

So, there it is... :-) 

13 comments:

  1. Aw, the happy traveler so content in traveling abroad, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very parisienne atmosphere!
    Now I am your follower www.vive-lavi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Gita, I like the sweet image,the frame and the gems.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is little Mimi? - great card Gita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Gita!! I love the sweet image and the Eiffel Tower!! What a fantastic card!!

    All you have to do to remove the paper from intricate dies without it tearing is place a piece of wax paper between the die and the paper. Once you cut and emboss, it till pop right out!! Hope this helps!! Happy Tuesday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa, awesome tip!! Thanks. I will try it next time and let you know. :-)

      Delete
  6. This is so cute. I like the way her hat looks with bits of white showing through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is adorable, Gita, and the coloring is fantastic! I see that Lisa gave you the tip about the wax paper. I hope it works for you! Thanks for coming by and leaving me some love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card, identify with your problem! Lisa's idea is the one all the professionals advocate so I hope it helps. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh La La :0 Makes me want to go back to Paris

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so cute and adourable. Actually all of your cards are great, especially love the one with the cars on it a few posts back.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Eliza, that's very sweet of you.

      Delete