Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas Sparkle


Happy Weekend Everyone! I'm not sure if this year I will have met my goal of making ALL my Christmas cards but I am pretty close. Better than last year so there's improvement. :-) 

Here's a really simple card....


The scene is taken from a paper napkin. You need to only use the very top ply so make sure you separate ALL the bottom layers from the top layer. (Tip: use  2 pieces of double stick tape and place one on a top layer corner and the other on the bottom of the same corner and it ta-da, it separate's pretty easy.) Than add napkin onto a piece of double stick tape sheet. Place another tape sheet over top. I used Glitter Ritz transparent micro-fine glitter to spread over entire image, you want to really smooth it in there with your finger. Soft, smooth finish! Than I just added a red glittery background paper. That's it!! Super simple. 


8 comments:

  1. It might have been simple, but it is stunning!! What an awesome idea to use the napkin!! And the covering of glitter is fabulous!! Happy Saturday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple but so clever!! Love it! Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sparkly and what a cute scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm? Can I make 20 of them really quickly? I love this idea! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably!! i bought a whole bunch of napkins at a reduced price shop for another project and got this idea from a local stamp store. :-)

      Delete
  5. great use of napkins! I usually use glue, so this is a nice tip!

    ReplyDelete