Saturday, November 24, 2012

You're Fantastic


Thanksgiving has come and gone. Now it's officially Christmas. I actually braved the craft stores and went out to Michael's and Hobby Lobby today. But that's about it....I don't want to deal with any other crowds. 


The stamps for this card are from Sparkle N Sprinkle's Japanese Lady stamp set. The sentiment can be purchased separately or part of the set. I used alcohol inks on glossy paper to create the red/gold background. I added some gold mixative but you can't really see it in the picture. Stamped flower with Versamark and embossed with Hit the Beach embossing powder. I used Halo embossing powder on the sentiment. Adhered some gold mesh ribbon with Ultimate Glue. 



10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love the alcohol ink background and the embossing!! What a beautiful card!! Have a great evening :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great effect on the card Gita such a shame isn't it when pickie doesn't do it justice! Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background color - very elegant

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so effective Gita. Perfect for Chinese New Year as well! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background. I bet the embossing is pretty IRL, too! HTB is one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that background and the colors you chose. Great looking card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty - love the colors you chose Gita!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors! The gold looks so shimmery!

    I didn't even attempt Michael's until last night. Then I walked out with so many bags I had to take a cab home! Fortunately, most of it will be returned. I bought 4 tree toppers, because I couldn't decide and AJ wasn't there, and I thought he should have a say too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully you finally decided on one together. :-) Unfortunately, whenever I go to the craft store, hardly anything gets returned. LOL.

      Delete