Monday, November 19, 2012

Japanese Geisha

Hello. Today I have an Asian themed card. I am not one to gravitate towards this particular theme but actually had alot of fun making it. 

Over at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month they have a 15% off sale on all Asian, Decorative Elements, Medallions, and featured artist Andrea Roberts



For this card, I used Japanese Lady stamp. I also used a little bit of Florida Beach glitter at the end of the hair pins and dangling bits from her flower. I paper pieced some pattern paper for her robe and used Copics on the flowers and face. Stamped image is placed on a Spellbinders Floral Ovals die. The pattern paper is from Echo Park "For The Record" 6X6 pad. Added sheer gold ribbon down the back center along with a bow at the bottom. I used mounting tape to place the floral die onto the card for added dimension. 

I recently bought a Bow Easy to make my bows. Love it!!! Here's a little video to see how it's used in case you never heard of it. :-)


9 comments:

  1. Hi Gita love the card and love the image too and yes have a bow easy and used to use it but found it frustrating that the "dyslexic me" needs to watch the video every time to get it right so tend not to bother.. der... Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Gita, I love the image the frame and the bow.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Gita, your color combo is gorgeous. As is the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you paper pieced part of the kimono to match the background oval (one of my new favorites :O)... beautiful job on the coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is stunning! Love the paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gita,
    What a lovely card! Loved this image and what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gita, such lovely colors and creamy skin! The coordination of your colors looks very pretty together! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the frame that matches her outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!! The image is stunning...I love how you added the touches of glitter!! And your bow is perfect!! Have a great week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete