Friday, November 23, 2012

Deepest Sympathy


I hope everyone had a lovely holiday here in the States. Who has actually braved the stores and is or has already gone shopping? Not I. No thank you. 

I found out last weekend that my Great Uncle passed away. While I still lived in California, my mom stayed out there taking care of him. So, once a month I would drive up for a visit to see my mom and would see him and sometimes his family too. He was 102 years old when he passed. 



I used a new background stamp I purchased recently by Penny Black (Paisley). Clear embossed with Versamark ink. Than used Distress Inks (Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, and Old Paper) over the entire image. Used a Creative Memories corner punch, Spellbinders Labels Eight die for the sentiment which is from K Andrew Designs and some sheer blue ribbon. 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Gita, for a sad occasion.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous and will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this card looks great, must give it a go myself. So sorry to hear about your uncle.

    Eliza

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear about your uncle. This is such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very beautiful - nice soft colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your loss. This card is absolutely beautiful. The stamped background looks amazing.

    I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new background by PB is amazing - very pretty. Gita, I'm sorry to hear about your great uncle. What a blessing he lived to experience so much.

    ReplyDelete