Monday, November 12, 2012

Autumn Leaves

It's well into Autumn here and the colors on the trees are just beautiful. I just love this season and am so glad to be living somewhere again where you can enjoy all the beautiful foliage.

Here's a card for Thanksgiving/Autumn that I made a few weeks ago....



The leaf stamps are from Heartfelt Creations. I used the baby wipe reinker technique. However, my stamp isn't solid so you can't see the total effect but I can't wait to try it with a solid stamp. The sentiment is Inky Antics. Tree die is Memory Box and I also used Labels Eight Spellbinders die. Added some stickles in a few colors onto the leaves on the tree and distress inked around the edges. 

I'm entering this card in the following challenges: 

Paper Playtime - Autumn Colors
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes

Although I may be enjoying the season down here in the South, I hope things are making a turn for the better for all those effected in the Northeast from Hurricane Sandy. 


7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful tree and the stickles!! The leaf stamp is so beautiful!! The distressing around the edges is fabulous!! You should enter this into Paper Playtime's Autumn Colors challenge (http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/). Have a great week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Always looking for more challenge blogs.
      :-)

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty. Love the idea of adding stickles to some of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Gita. I love the twine too! Another really nice natural touch! Fall is my favorite time of the year too - I love the changing tree colors - unfortunately they lost them prematurely this year, in NJ! Oh well, we can always relive autumn through our stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stickles on the tree just made it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. So stunning design. I like your colors choice and those leaves are so cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unique design with soft shades that inspires me a lot and the way you embellish it makes it more...

    ReplyDelete