Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Asian Flowers

It's amazing how quickly time flies....Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Wow. I almost forgot to send out my Thanksgiving cards too. LOL.

I have another stamp from an Asian set to show you from Sparkle N Sprinkle.



This double flower stamp is from the Japanese Lady stamp set. I used a Triple Time stamping technique. There is also a different look to this card on the SNS Tips & Techniques site. I used Ranger Distress Markers in Forest Moss, Fired Brick, and Dusty Concord directly onto the stamp and than spritzed with some water. I repeated adding color and spritzing each time I stamped the image. (Make sure you leave room for the sentiment, or stamp it first.) Once I got the darker coverage I wanted I went back and just added lighter colored images in the blank spaces. The Birthday Wishes sentiment is from the Cupcake Happiness Set. I really like the look of the Distress Markers. First time I really used them. 

Over at Sparkle N Sprinkle this month they have a 15% off sale on all AsianDecorative ElementsMedallions, and featured artist Andrea Roberts


5 comments:

  1. Loving this idea. Could be a good mass production for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Gita, I like the stamp.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice fresh update for that image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, Gita!! The stamp looks fabulous!! What an elegant card!! Have a great day :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Definitely want to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete