Monday, October 15, 2012

Dia De Los Muertos (and some flowers)

It seems like I haven't posted many blogs in the last couple weeks or so. It's not that I haven't been creating...I have. Some cards I couldn't post because they were part of some new stamps for Sparkle n Sprinkle where I am a DT. I just have to wait for the Go! to post them. Some others I made for them I just haven't posted but will do so later today and hopefully tonight too. 

Anyway....there's a new sketch challenge blog that's all about the Clean and Simple design. I usually don't do that, well, at least not THIS CAS. But, I thought it would be fun to participate. 

Here's the sketch...




I made two completely different cards...the theme anyway. 

Here's the first...




I love these skulls by Deadbeat Designs for Halloween/Day of the Dead. I just bought them over the weekend too. The embossing powder I've had FOREVER. It's called Lapis Lazuli. I love all the different colors after it's embossed. The gemstones, depending on where you are and the light will reflect the embossed colors. Very cool. 

The second card....


I used stamps from Sparkle n Sprinkle Blossoms set. However, the stamps are also sold individually. I added some Liberty glitter (also from SNS) to the center of the red flower. It has bits of deep blue and red. 

I am entering the first card into the CAS(E) This Sketch! Challenge #1.


12 comments:

  1. Both cards are fantastic! How AWEsome is the skull on pink, especially with those bling eyes, LoVe it!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigita, two very darling cards! You've done a marvelous job with the colors and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous!! I love the skulls on the first one and the embossing powder is so awesome!! The flowers are so pretty on the second!! Perfect take on the sketch!! Happy Monday :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your cards. Great take on the sketch. I have a hard time with CAS cards, too. Might need to check out this site to get some help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a contrast in cards! Must admit I prefer the "smile" card! The skulls are scarin me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you were right - totally different! I really like them both, though at this time of year a a wee bit partial to the first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you decided to try the clean and simple style! Both cards are wonderful. The skull makes for a really scary card!! Glad you played along with us in our very first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these CAS cards, my favorite style. These are so very different, but both are so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and fun and great job on the sketch

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! I love the blingy embossing powder on the skulls. Very spooky! So glad you joined us for our first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like this sketch! and I love it with my stamps:)
    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great embossed skull! both your cards are lovely, thank you for joining us in our very first CTS challenge ; )

    ReplyDelete