Sunday, September 23, 2012

Soft Sunset

Been working in my craft room today. Got quite a few projects completed. Including this card for a challenge over at the Dreamweaver's Stencil blog DREAM it UP!


The challenge was to "get inky with stencils". I don't really have a big selection of stencils so I used this palm tree (LL527). 

I used Adirondack Earthtones (Butterscotch and Hazelnut), Color Box Chalk ink (Warm Green) and Staz on (Timber Brown) for the trees and sand. 

Background I sponged on Stampin' Up stampin' pads (Pool Party, Calypso Coral), and Adirondack (butterscotch).

Art Impressions cloud stamp and Stampscapes water pattern (small) stamp with Stampin' Up pool party. 

Sentiment is TPC Studio Greetings clear stamps with Staz On Timber Brown. 

Matching Stampin' Up cardstock (calypso coral) for border.

Submitting to Getting Inky with Stencils at Dreamweaver's Stencil blog. 


8 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I was there! What a lovely scene you have created. I love what you did with the clouds too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be there!!! So so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Love the inked sunset, the hint of reflection on the water, and the great DW palm trees. Thanks so much for playing with the team this month! I think this card needs to go up on the Dreamweaver Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, wow, thanks for the compliment. That would be fun to be on the Dreamweaver FB page. :-)

      Delete
  4. This is so peaceful Gita! Makes me want to book a flight to Hawaii for tomorrow! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Gita, this is stunning!! I love the beautiful colors and the design!! What a relaxing, gorgeous card!! I just returned from vacation and am catching up on all the projects I missed while I was gone!! Have a great week!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete