Sunday, September 23, 2012

Purple Blossoms

This is another card I managed to complete today (along with about 4 other cards!). 



I used products from Sparkle n Sprinkle (of which I officially will start my DT duties on October 1st). 

The flowers and sentiment are from the Blossom set #429, but quite a few of the stamps are also sold individually. I used gelato's (for the first time) to color the flowers in and than fussy cut them out. I mixed two glitters together (Orchid and Cerise) and added to center of each flower. As you can see, I cut one of the flowers in half and used on edge of paper.

For the background I used the Acrylic Paint Distress technique on the Sparkle n Sprinkle website. I skipped the part where you used the sponge dauber to add ink (mainly because I forgot, LOL.).

I also used some pop dots on the top part of the whole flower and added twine and buttons. 

Sumbitting this card for the Celebrate the Occasion Birthday Challenge (must use twine and a button). 


14 comments:

  1. Gita, this is a lovely card! I'm glad you sent it to me for the current in-house technique challenge! The colors and textures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the embossed background and lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!
    Love the distressed embossing :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely, your embossing adds such wonderful texture behind your beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Birthday (must use twine/button)" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Gita, I like the embossing the flowers and the twine.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the muted soft colors on this are just gorgeous Gita. I had forgotten about that technique, and even without the sponged ink the background is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bloomin' lovely card! Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the embossing folder you used! Great texture and a beautiful color combo....

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, what a fabulous card, Gita! LOVE the embossed background! You did an amazing job creating this card! Have a wonderful week!

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous... I love that background... Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous! Love the background too. I can't wait to start playing with my new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful!! The embossing is fabulous!! What a gorgeous card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete