Saturday, September 8, 2012

Bee Happy!


I was re-organizing my stamps a little bit and found this cute bee stamp I've had for years. Have no idea if I even ever used it. But, it'll work perfectly for the Celebrate the Occasion challenge "Hey Honey" because it's Honey Month. And who makes honey? Beeeeeeesssss! 

I used an embossing folder and stamped Mustard Seed Distress Ink inside the front cover. After embossing, I than went over it with Peeled Paint and Antique Linen. 

Spellbinders circle and lacey circles for the bee and background. 

The bee image is by Rubber Stampede. I used Versamark and embossed with black embossing powder. Colored with Copic (Y06). 

Corner punch all around. 

And....I used scrap pieces of paper for all of it. :-) 

I also am just starting to make cards for Operation Write Home (OWH). This will be the first one to add to the collection box. You make cards for deployed service members so they can write home!! This is my first card to add to the collection. 

Challenge:
Celebrate the Occasion #78 - Hey Honey





12 comments:

  1. Cute card! I love the cheery colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I exactly know what you mean, we probably all have such forgotten cute things in our stashes. This card is very funny thanks to this stamp. Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that embossed panel. Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! I love the embossing and the stamp is adorable!! What a fun card :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool card. I love the embossing and inking technique. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

    Tonya
    CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Gits this is such a bright and cheery card how could you BEE sad and look at that :D ad yes good spring card for us downunder - thanks for popping over :D Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card - so bright and cheerful. Love the embossed border on the side

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! Love the embossing.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate the Occasion this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute little bee!
    Fun card :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great design and all the better when you can use scraps up in such a creative way. Beeee good (sorry - couldn't help it).

    ReplyDelete