Wednesday, August 15, 2012

WOYWW? #167

Hello! Hello! Welcome to another week of travelling across desks and seeing what everyone is up to....or not! :-) It's another week of What's on Your Workdesk (space, etc) Wednesday? hosted by Julia over at Stamping Ground



Not much has changed on my desk. I do have a project in the works on the left side of the desk. I have to submit it my the end of the month and waiting on some goodies in the mail. Wish me luck! If I am lucky, I will share the good news. Had to bring my laptop up this morning and actually get some stuff done for a condo I am selling. (Also wish me luck!) 

Last week I showed you "the other side"! LOL...let's take a closer peek....


I bought a smash journal a few weeks ago. I kept seeing it all over blog land so I got some inspiration to put some old momento's in there. Such as concert stubs that you see. I also have some old concert t-shirts that are just a wee bit too small now so I want to use the pics on the front/back of the shirts and make small decorative pillows. I also bought a bunch of fall/winter material to create some projects. I want to make those small doorknob pillows that you may see for sale in stores...I've never made one, and am not much of a sewer but really want to try some new stuff. Can you see the patterns in the top right corner? The kitty kat? I'm trying to find some other patterns like that than I can stitch onto muslin...does anyone know of any websites? I bought some felt too to work with and cut out leaves or xmas trees, etc. And leaf stencil to possibly dab on some paint. Lots of stuff rolling through my head.

Will it get done? That's the big question!!!! LOL. 

Time to hit the road and see what y'all are up to...sometimes it takes me several days to try and get around to as many as I can...I have a wonky work schedule. My work week runs Tuesday-Saturday and I start off working evenings and end up with day shifts. 

Enjoy your week!! Is anyone else going through Olympics withdrawal? I was disappointed by the network coverage of the Olympics here in the US. Especially the closing ceremonies!!! 




24 comments:

  1. The kitty cat looks cute! Good luck finding patterns. Maybe you could google coloring book pages? They seem like they would be simple enough designs to use for stitching.

    Katie (110)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you have got of things to get your teeth into there. That is better than sitting there with no inspiration.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. You asked about the Krylon pen and alcohol inks. You need glossy card and just colour several random 'puddles' of gold on it. Then ink up the pad with the colours of your choice and a squirt of blender and pounce away. And you are right, they give a much brighter result than the mixatives which why I prefer them. have some fun experimenting.
    Kate x#70

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have glossy paper just wasn't sure if I would add the gold first or last....thanks, I will give it a try. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Gita and thanks for joining me - I will be returning the compliment and look forward to see where your crafting journey takes you. Looks like you've got lots on your hands there with that smash book! That will definitely be worth seeing as you complete it :) By the way, you are not the only one suffering Olympics withdrawal - as you can imagine, we in the UK got wall to wall coverage and now we are back to the depressing news and soaps. Can't wait for the Paralympics to begin!! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there you certainly aren't lacking ideas - I am the same but can't seem to get started as don't know what to start first. Must try tomorrow. Definite Olympics withdrawal here as well!!!!! Thanks for visiting me. Happy WOYWW Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gita, wow you have so much on the go, good luck with it all.
    Cheers, Elaine #29

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gita, you sure have a lot of "irons in the fire", LOL! I would love to see your smash book when finished. Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog!
    Hugs
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little piles of stuff waiting in what is seems like ques. I am like you seeing all the smash books in blogland it seems that we all must do one at somestage.

    Good luck with all your applications and whatever you are in secret working on....

    Eliza #102
    Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not much of a sewer so I can't give you any info on that stuff - you have a lot of projects lined up for the future - wish I had so many ideas! Love your crafty desk!
    Hugs,
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am trying again to leave a post but if it doesn't work this time I am quitting. Love all the projects you have lined up to do! Hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #38

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are crowds of people in the UK, all walking around aimlessly with no purpose...all because the Olympics are over...or maybe that's just me, LOL!! Still, the paralympics are on in a couple of weeks, that'll help :D

    I love the fact that you're using your concert memorabilia to create stuff..were you a Gun n Roses type fan or a punk?? I was a disco queen...ah Earth, Wind and Fire, genius :)

    Try www.freeneedle.com - there are loads of free tutorials, some easy, some hard. I get quite a few ideas from there!
    Hugs, LLJ #72 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was an 80's child and was definitely more Guns n Roses. But now I listen to a lot of the newer country which has the rock vibe. Thanks for the link, Jan, I will check it out!!

      Delete
  11. There was me thinking 'now that is a lovely clean and tidy desk' then we swung round and saw the lovely creativity on the 'other side'! What a fab list of new projects you have ready and waiting, I look forward to seeing their progress.

    Thanks for visiting my desk already.
    Kyla #52

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really are very orginized the way you have things staged and ready to work on or in the process of..
    Got to ask in the first pic I see coffee filters with stuff in them.... what are you using them for....????
    Thanks for you visit and comment too at my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee filters are for glitter. I read it's an easy way to pour glitter onto projects and let excess fall onto filter and than just pour it back into jar. It works pretty well.

      Delete
  13. Fun desk, I can tell lots of creativity happens here! Thanks for stopping by my space. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have lots to do,,I hope you get to do it all. I know I have several unfinished projects, some with the kids. I was noticing the wreath card on your banner. Very pretty. Thanks for checking out my WOYWW. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. lots of lovely idea on your desk this week, hope you get them done. I love the look of the leaf stencil.
    thanks for sharing
    janet #9

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there Gita, wow you are going to be a busy girl with all those plans there - and pray God's blessing on your various undertakings also. Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #64

    ReplyDelete
  17. Goodluck with the condo selling. I have never heard of a smash journal, wonder what that is and yes I am a jill of all trades and dabble in all things crafty
    Bridget #42

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definately suffering from Olympic withdrawel over here. Hope the condo was sold.
    I started a smash journal last year when I went to CHA in Chicago, but sadly it never got done.
    Happy very belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #116

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Gita thanks for popping by. I look forward to seeing how your door knob pillows turn out. I like to hang things on my drawer and door knobs too. There are some pretty ideas out there - google it and see where it leads! Belated WOYWW Hugs to you from Helen 18

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Gita, thanks for stopping by my desk this week.

    Yep, the UK was definitely THE place to be for Olympic coverage - we had 28 TV channels dedicated to it! Not sure how the Paralympics will be covered, but it should be almost as good...

    Love the piles of stash - if you're anything like me, you're full of good intentions and ideas, and not a lot of time, so things tend to sit for a while!

    ReplyDelete