Monday, August 6, 2012

Beach Life

The end of June I went to a class at my local stamp store and learned how to collage a wooden frame from paper napkins. The class was taught by Joe Rotella over at Create&Craft. The next time I went into the stamp store, a couple ladies who were also in the class showed up with their creations --- so I have some NEW ideas!!!!! Here's my finished version on a frame -- 


It's really not that difficult!! Quite fun too!! The challenging part is finding the napkins. 

Items:
Wooden frame (or whatever, birdhouses!)
Light colored paint, paintbrush
PPA (Perfect Paper Adhesive)
Crystal Effectz glitter sprinkles
Water
Two small paintbrushes
Napkins

You can go to Joe's site and see how it's done!!

Some close up views of the frame -- 







4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love this!! Such a beachy, summery feel!! The napkins you used are fabulous!! What a gorgeous frame :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, this is just stunning---the papers you used look incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gita, what a beautiful frame--I would have never thought of doing this. And there are so many pretty napkin designs too! Thank you for visiting me today! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this. Anything beachy..I'm on the coast of Maine. Great craft. Lisa

    ReplyDelete