Sunday, August 12, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Well, football is fast approaching...actually, preseason has already begun and my Chicago Bears are NOT off to a great start!!!! :-(

Anyhoo...I'm trying to expand my horizons and join in on some challenges to try new things, card layouts, etc...

This week over at Die Cuttin Divas the challenge is a Sketch with a Twist. The twist is that it has to have child's theme since August 5th was National Kid's Day.

Here's the sketch....



Here's my version:


The little football kid and his mouse for a ref is a digital stamp from Pink Cat Studio. Pretty simple card. I printed out the sentiment. Blue and orange ribbon and some football brads. Used pop dots on the boy, mouse, and sentiment. 

**Oopsie...I realized after posting to the challenge that I didn't use a die cut like I planned. I'm blaming tiredness....worked a day shift on Friday followed by two midnight shifts. Sleepy!!

Not sure if I am totally satisfied with the card...feel like it is empty. Too much open space. I don't know...what do you think?



4 comments:

  1. It's a cute card! Clean and simple. Great take on the sketch, Gita. I find that when I think something is too plain, I try to emboss the background, image or something. It's amazing how adding texture adds so much to a card. Thanks for sharing at DCD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, I probably could've embossed the larger orange background...oh well. I guess I just wasn't totally in a crafty mindset..sometimes it happens. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. Very cute and fun card. You did a great take on the sketch.Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fabulous and Fun Card!!Love it!love the colors!!very cute!!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete