Thursday, July 26, 2012

Summer Lovin'

Here's a cute nautical/beach themed card for summer. I'm trying to expand my horizons and want to submit more cards for challenges. This one I am submitting to Die Cuttin Divas weekly challenge blog and Creative Cutter Room Summer Fun challenge and Simon Says Stamp Challenge.



I used one of my favorite Cricut cartridges: Life's a Beach

Nautical background paper was some scrap. Beach chair cut at I think 2". Boat at 1.25" and the palm trees were cut twice (one was reversed prior to cutting on my gypsy) at I think 2".  Tore some beige and blue paper for the sand and water. Added some shell brads I found at the scrapbook expo. The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms "Sun Kissed" stamps. The cloud stamp is from Art Impressions. Some red stickles glitter glue on the pennant and base of sail boat. And some Tim Holtz distress ink along the edges. Oh, and I used some pop dots to pop up the beach chair. 



16 comments:

  1. Very nice card with a great beach scene. Thanks for entering the DCD Challenge this week.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super summer card! Looks very relaxing! Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cutter Room!
    Carri~abusybee
    www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great relaxing card! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Cutter Room.

    Tonya
    CCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous beach card. I have one more week of summer vacation, so I need to head back to the beach soon! So glad you shared at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!! I love the scene you created!! It is so relaxing and peaceful...I'd love to be sitting in that chair right now :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome beach card Gita!! I love your water and sand!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog with your sweet comment! OMGosh you are so right... my surfer guy does look a touch like Nicolas Cage!! :) Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super nice card! It looks so relaxing. I'm a new follower. Hope you'll visit my blog, if you like maybe follow.

    Tara

    Craftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Beautiful and Fun card!!Love it!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card! Submitting to challenges is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being showcased at DCD this week!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great beach card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I feel like I could just lounge there right now. Thanks for sharing it with us in the Creative Cutter Room. Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute beach scene card, love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutter Room:)
    Elaine
    CCR DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is gorgeous,love the beach scene.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card I love the torn paper for the sand great colors and design Thank you for joining in the CCR challenge.
    DIANA L.
    CCR DT member.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. TOO stinking cute!!!! I love that sailboat, and I ESPECIALLY love those super cute brads!!!

    Great job!!

    Crafty Hugs,
    Jessica
    www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete