Monday, July 23, 2012

Season's Greetings

I'm having so much fun with all my new "toys" for card making. I went to a local stamp store about a month ago and I think I bought out the store. LOL! Plus, I went to the scrapbook expo a few weeks ago when it came to town. I so love Sparkle n Sprinkle. Glitter, glitter, and more glitter. Plus, they have this new product called Mudd Puddles. LOVE it!! It adds texture like sand -- in all sorts of colors. Plus shells, etc. I want all of them. :-)

Anyway, onto my card...with one of the new items I purchased at the stamp store. I used a stencil to create the leaves and sentiment.


Red glitter backround paper: The Paper Studio
Gold background paper: Paper company
Stencil: Dreamweaver. "greetings"
Dreamweaver Metallic Gold Embossing Paste
Gold Glitter

The stencil needs to be taped on all sides. Don't be stingy. Cover all sides with the tape. I also used a palette knife to spread the embossing paste over the entire stencil. It took until the 3rd try for me to get it right. The first two I either didn't use enough, or my technique wasn't right. I think I found a video on you tube and watched a few to get it right. After spreading the paste, I used a paste spreader to remove the excess paste. Removed the stencil and than sprinkled gold glitter over the embossing paste and let dry. 

Thanks for visiting! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so gorgeous and elegant!! I love the look of the paste with the glitter!! I'm going to look for that on my next craft store trip!! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete