Wednesday, November 2, 2011

WOYWW

I haven't posted to WOYWW in about a couple months probably. Or almost! I haven't been up to much at my own work desk. But, I have been creating. I found a local shop to go and paint. I'm having fun and actually working on a personal painting of the Chicago skyline at sunset (which is where I grew up). 


Here's last weeks session -- 



I'm super excited to see what the finished painting will look like. Last week I started on all the lights inside the buildings. Very tedious work but looking good!!

Here's a couple other paintings I made -- the first one is a beachy scene that turned out really good and my Halloween one that I was not happy with the pumpkin face but when I took a step back I actually like the way it turned out..



Well, that's what I've been up to .... in the middle of packing for another move. This one permanent. Will be closing on a house soon. :-)

P.S. If you'd like to participate, head over to Stamping Ground and add your desk, or just take a looksie at what others are up to..

4 comments:

  1. Chicago has such a fantastic skyline, especially at night. I'm sure it will take time to paint but I bet it will look great. Your other paintings are really nice too, the pumpkin one especially!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you are having a lot of fun with your painting,
    thanks for sharing
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you're right - the skyline is ace, but with all the lit windows it will be wonderful, so immediately atmospheric. Stepping back is a skill, knowing when to stop is a clever thing in my experience, and I love the pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gita, I just started following your blog too! Love your paintings! Isn't that something ... the first thing I see is CHICAGO! My hubby painted the Chicago skyline too, if you wanna see his painting, then send me your e-mail address. Did you finish yours already?

    Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete