Friday, August 5, 2011

Pumpkins, Pumpkins

It's been a long week at work, wasn't sure how much crafting mojo I would have today but I got a couple cards completed. 

The first card is for the Cricut Cardz Challenge. This week's challenge requires the use of fruit. I googled it to make sure, and pumpkin is definitely a fruit. And since I want to get ahead of the game for the holidays, I went ahead and made a card with...a pumpkin. 


The paper is all scrap cardstock. I used my cuttlebug to emboss the background sheets and than added distress inks (tea dye and forest moss). I added Distress Stickles (Vintage Photo) over the polka dots. 

The pumpkin is cut at 2.5" using the Simply Charmed cricut cartridge. I added some brown embossing powder over the stem and than used my glue pad to add orange glitter all over the pumpkin. It's attached to the card with an action wobble. I've been wanting to use it for quite a while and love it. 

The second card isn't for a challenge but it's a pumpkin too ...


The background paper is DCWV Autumn Splendor stack. Really cute paper that has a glittery sheen to it already. The stamp is Hero Arts - Traditional Pumpkin. After stamping, I colored it in and than used the glue pad all over the entire sheet and than used Stampin' Up hologram highlights embossing powder. I love it, the entire sheet is all glittery and shiny. Also added some buttons and brown jute twine at the bottom. 

I still need to buy some Autumn Greeting stamps for the inside on each of the cards. 


1 comment:

  1. Huh, how interesting! I didn't really know that a pumpkin was considered a fruit. I love learning something new. So glad you shared your cute card with us at CCC.

    ReplyDelete