Saturday, July 30, 2011

Red Present

I think this is the quickest card I've produced. Usually it takes me awhile to figure out the paper, embellishments, etc....but this one came together fast! And, I have an extra cutout of the present so will probably make a second card.


I'm entering this card in the Cricut Cardz Challenge #85 Holiday - Anything Goes!



The background paper is by The Paper studio and used the "fired brick" Distress Ink on the edges. The paper for the present is by My Mind's Eye.

I used my Nestabilities for the first time!! (I just got them in the mail mid week.) Love them!! The lacey circle is SO cute!!! I used some gold metallic paper I had from Creative Memories and red cardstock, again using the distress ink on the cardstock.

The present is from the Joys of the Season cricut cartridge cut at 2". I used Stampendous "red dragon" embossing powder over the xmas present ribbon and than placed it on the card with pop dots. 

Also used some red jute twine and gold garland ribbon for the embellishments. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely hun! Classic card....beautiful!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out adorable! I especially like the gold nestie circle and the gold trim along the bottom. TFS!
    Bernadet
    bernadetscraftblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)

    Theresa (CCC DT)
    www.miislucky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute card, love how the present is center of attention, thanks for joining CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love the gold accents.

    Thanks for joining us @ CCC.

    ReplyDelete